Hello Fiction Dwellers!
This will be my very first blog award! My friend Jayati from It’s Just A Coffee Addicted Bibliophile nominated me. Thank you so much for nominating me for this award! <3 I’m really excited so let’s dive into the questions!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
If you could go back to when you first started blogging, what would you do differently?
This is a good question and it is a question I ask myself every so often because I always find something to pick a part about my blog. Though I love how my blogging journey started, like everything in my life it was a spur of the moment impulsive decision. I started the blog on a random day in August because I was getting frustrated about not remembering books. Because it was impulsive the designing and the aesthetic was rushed. My blog looked so bad back then. To answer the question I’ll probably do more planning and figure out how to use WordPress properly.
What book do you think would make a great movie/tv show?
There are so many books I want to see adapted but if I had to pick it’s The Green Bone Saga (Jade City, Jade War, Jade Legacy). A series that is announced to be adapted somewhere in the future. Fonda Lee’s book has so much potential to be adapted into a TV series. It takes place in a modern urban setting and the magic system can be easily done on screen for a series. I just hope the casting can do it justice.
Is 3 stars a good or bad rating?
Three stars is meh more or less questionable by my standards. It is neither good nor bad. On a positive note it has potential that can be explored deeper. Most of the books I’ve read that I rated 3 stars are books that are like that, full of potential but bad execution or not so compelling characters. I wouldn’t say it’s bad per se but proceed with caution.
What’s an unpopular bookish opinion you have?
Unhinged characters needs more complexity besides being feral for no reason. This is a recent issue I faced. It is so annoying to read about takes from characters that are written to be bad ass and revolutionary, or written to be social justice icons that are only surface level that can’t even provide a concrete reason for their motivations and aspirations. The inconsistencies bothers me.
What’s your favourite trope?
When ever I get asked this I get so confused because I don’t have any trope that I gravitate towards. I choose books at random without thinking about the trope. So I’d say any trope that is done well with good characters.
What’s a place you really want to visit?
Top of my list is Canada. Specifically, Banff and Montreal. Banff for the mountains and the Lake Louise during winter. Quebec because I am a huge fan of the K-Drama, Goblin. They shot a few scenes there during fall and I’ve always wanted to experience it myself. Hopefully I can do this soon because I’m currently waiting if my visa goes through so I can meet my boyfriend. Fingers crossed!
If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
Matsuda Mamoru from The Sword of Kaigen, Feng Xin from Heaven Official’s Blessing, Kaul Hiloshudon from The Green Bone Saga
What was the last book you read that made you cry?
If you could read any book for the first time again, what would it be?
There are so many books I want to pick for this category! SO MANY! If I could read anything for the first time it would be She Who Became the Sun by Shelley-Parker Chan (obviously!) and Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse.
Which elemental power would you want (air, water, earth or fire)?
Earth or Water. I can’t pick between the two.
What is your current favourite and least favourite tv show?
I only watch TV shows I like so I’ll answer with the one I’m currently watching. Mo Dao Zu Shi Season 3.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I was born with eleven fingers (real)
- I’m 5’5
- I really hate cold food besides desserts
- I have a law degree in Indonesia
- I am a Cancer Sun, Taurus Rising, Pisces Moon
- I used to be a dancer until I graduated university
- I almost drowned twice
- I am the proud mom to a pug named Fatty or Jembly or in Indonesian “Jembrot”. You can find her everywhere on my blog.
- My humor is dry
- What makes you smile when you read a book?
- What is your all time favorite book or series?
- If you could be your favorite character for a day, who would it be? And why?
- If you are given a chance to say something to your comfort character, what would you say?
- What book are you looking forward to in 2022?
- What are your reading habits?
- If you are stuck on an island and you could only bring 5 books, what would they be?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- Which fictional world you wish is real?
- Which magic system from a fantasy book you wish you could do?
Nessma @ Talk of Tales | Mesal @ Earthy Abode | Patri @ Book Bites Back | Birdie @ Birdie’s Booktopia | Katie @ A Cup of Cyanide | Shannon @ Discovery Elysian | Sahi @ My World of Books | Nihaarika @ Clouded Galaxy Reads | Veronica @ Little Corner Reads | Belle @ this belle reads too | Bella @ Rainstorm Reads
This is such a fun post to make! Any thoughts on my answers? Or even better! What are your answers for the questions? Leave a comment below! 🙂